By Kelsey Jones
There are several free tools available online that can allow you to be more productive, thus possibly completing more work in less time. These tools are free, yet may become invaluable.
- WorkFlowy: WorkFlowy is the ultimate to-do list. It is easy to have sub to-do lists, add notes, and even share lists with others. Because it is not flash-based, it can be accessed easily on an iPhone internet browser. It is simple to use; all it takes is signing up for an account.
- [UPDATE: SoundGecko is no longer in service. 🙁 ] SoundGecko: SoundGecko will take any blog post or news article (or piece of website content) and instantly translate it into an mp3, which is sent to your email inbox. You can download the mp3 to play on your computer, mp3 player, or other electronic device, OR you can stream it from the SoundGecko website via the file name where it is hosted. For commuting or road trips, save a few articles you’ve been meaning to read and listen to them while you are driving.
- Brosix: Brosix is a secure business instant messenger (and one of Kelsey‘s clients) that is free for public use. Use it instead of gchat, Yahoo! Messenger, or AOL Instant Messenger to have ad-free, encrypted chats with co-workers or friends. It also has an iPhone and Android app that allows you to send IM to other online users on the go.
- Evernote: Evernote is a cloud-hosted note program that will instantly sync your notes to all Evernote programs that you’ve logged into, once the version you are writing on is synced to the internet. It is available on iPhone, Android, PC, and Mac.
- Asana: Asana is an amazing project management system that was founded by one of the original founders of Google. It is free to use (up to a certain number of users) and makes it easy to create projects, assign tasks, and track progress.
These are just some of the free online work productivity tools that could make your daily work schedule and list a lot easier.
Do you have other favorites? Let us know in the comments!