My abs were burning from loling at Amy Poehler and Tina Fey at the Golden Globes last night. I did some walking in place for the first hour, and while it gets boring after a while walking in place, I got some extra exercise in that I normally wouldn’t have.
Meanwhile, I did the first strength exercise of Week Two of Tina’s Best Body Bootcamp after working today. My arms already feel like this:
I am not really digging the strength exercises where we have to use dumbbells because I think it’s too tedious (BTW, who knows how to spell tedious without spell check?). Obviously it works because I am already starting to feel sore four hours after my workout, but I just like bodyweight or HIIT workouts a lot better. I will keep doing the barbell workouts but I don’t think I will continue them afterward.
Another thing that has been burning are my eyes, because I teared up while watching Veducated. I feel so sorry for the animals, but I know they are treated that way to keep up with the demand. And while I love a quarter pounder as much as the next girl, I’m laying off meat again, hopefully permanently. If not, for a long while.
Things I’m Dreading This Week:
- Taxes. At least I have a bottle of moscato waiting for me when that time comes.
- Finishing my book. That means I have to start editing it and adding all the parts I should have added in the first place.
Things I’m Looking Forward to This Week:
- Having another unbusy weekend with nothing to do.
- Starting the #2 book in the Forest of Hands and Teeth series.
- Working on Bethaney’s cross-stitch