As of this post, I officially only have 3 more Insanity workouts to go: Max Interval Pylo, Max Cardio Conditioning + Abs, and the Fit Test. I can’t believe it’s [almost] over (I wouldn’t quit now). I can’t believe I did it. It was 9 weeks. Some days I wanted to quit, but I knew if I missed a single day, it would be a downward slope and I would just end up quitting all together.
- Freaking finishing it.
- Realizing push-ups aren’t as hard as I thought.
- Being able to keep up.
- Seeing my arms and legs get more toned.
- As of last Saturday, I lost over 9 inches total from my arms, legs, waist, and hips.
- Body fat when down about 3%.
- Diamond jumps. and Power Jumps. Basically anything with the word jump in it.
- Both recovery workouts. They sucked. And not in a “this is hard” way. In a “I freaking hate this workout and it blows” way.
- More workouts per week= infinity more stinky laundry to do
- I didn’t really lose weight (this is mostly due to diet)
Would I do it again? Probably. But I have been restless this week because I know it’s almost over. I MISS ZUMBA.
I think I’m going to start bootcamp again. It’s a local group a personal trainer does and it is men and women of all ages and sizes, just working their asses off for an hour, Monday-Thursdays. I am going to try to go 2-3x per week.
Other things I’m looking forward to:
- Resuming the greatest Zumba class in the world on Saturdays
- Possibly Insanity: The Asylum (and volume 2) down the road. I think I will miss Shaun T too much if I don’t! 🙂
- Doing a modified TurboFire plan
- Possibly get rid of my inner, outer, and all over-er shin splints.
I also am going to continue to shape up my nutrition/diet. That needs the most work. I wrote myself a complete meal plan and have followed it every day. Insanity has definitely taught me that preparation is key. If I write it down, I’m a lot more likely to do it!
Going forward, for right now, I’m thinking my exercise schedule will be something like:
- Zumba/TurboFire/Insanity 1-2x per week
- Bootcamp: 2-3x per week
- Jog: 1-2x per week
- Yoga: 1-2x per week
But, I might take an extra day off once Insanity officially ends. My knees and shins will probably thank me.