I made it through Day One of Search Engine Strategies (SES) San Francisco 2013. Here are the session recaps I wrote for Search Engine Journal:
The other session I went to was The Marriage of Social and PR.
My key takeaways from that session were:
Brand building through PR & Social means:
- Building a relationship to become more trusted
- Differentiating through an emotional connection to become more remarkable and unmistakable
- Nurturing loyal fans to become more essential
Multimedia increases impressions. You should:
- Use video
- Include links
- Use images
- Be tweetable
- Render properly
- Have interesting stories
The science of great content:
- Tweets should be customer-centric, show emotion, and be relevant, affordable, actionable, measureable.
- Content should be aspirational, have something for everyone, include a succinct product description, have personality, and include a call to action.
- Reach out to people who have commented or interacted with your products and content before (video/link shares)
- Discover what people are saying: Followerwonk (e.g. search something like “Forbes Blogger” to target forbes writers who have that in their bio), Moat.com, socialbakers
- Take people off your Facebook page to your website (link in about)
- Attribute your owned media
- Embed video in blog instead of directly pointing to video URL. Then include CTA and direct link to bottom
- Must reads: @gregjarboe @aimclear @leeodden @lisabuyer