Cans for Comments is something I’ve been doing since 2009. For every social share, blog comment, or tweet with the hashtag and mention #cansforcomments @wonderwall7 from November 13-30, I will donate $1 each to BOTH of the organization(s) I’ve chosen for the year, up to $300.
Since 2009, I’ve been able to donate the following:
2013 Cans For Comments
Girls Who Code is an AMAZING organization that establishes tools and resources to close the gender gap in the technology and engineering sectors.
As a girl who wrote who own website from scratch (using HTML I learned myself) when I was 12, I know that fostering girls’ interest in these subjects can help strengthen our economy, while also helping young women get more jobs in these high-demand fields.
Harvesters Kansas City was Feeding America’s Food Bank of the Year and as many as 66,000 different people receive emergency food assistance through Harvesters’ network in any given week. Just $1 allows Harvesters to give a meal to FIVE people. Harvesters is Kansas City’s only food bank and run a great program.
How Can You Help?
- -Every comment on this post (or any other post on the MoxieDot blog) will donate $1 each to Girls Who Code and Harvesters.
- -Every social share of this post will donate $0.50 each to Girls Who Code and Harvesters. If you post somewhere else besides Twitter, please leave a comment on this post with the URL of the share.
- -Donate directly to the organizations: Girls Who Code (click the donate button) and Harvesters Kansas City. You can also donate to Harvesters at any Price Chopper in Kansas City when you buy your groceries.
- -Start your own Cans For Comments Drive! Let me know and I’ll spread the word!
- -I’ll donate $5 to each organization if you can guess what/who my first website was about when I was 12. Hint: It was 1998. 🙂