One of the best ways to become a better writer is to become (or simply just be) a great reader. You should not only read fiction and non-fiction books, but blogs as well that can make you better in your field, improve your own well being, or help you learn something. While I read many more than the ones I mention below, these are some of my favorites that are great on a consistent basis.
The Buffer blog has gained almost a cult following among marketers, creative people, and anyone who likes dealing with the digital realm. Their articles are very well-written and always have content that I found fascinating (and with almost 20,000 email subscribers, other people seem to agree with me).
Some great recent posts from the Buffer blog:
- The Power of Storytelling: How We Got 300% More People To Read Our Content
- The Complete List of Evergreen Content Ideas for Your Blog
- How I Cut My Writing Time From 2 Days to 4 Hours
Heidi’s blog is mainly focused on content marketing and she always seems to have catchy and addictive headlines I can’t resist. Because I’m a big advocate of content, I always learn a lot from her posts.
Some great recent posts from Heidi’s blog:
- The 10 Plagues of Visual Content Marketing
- Blog Audience Mindset-5 Tricks To Know What Readers Want
- 20 Best Content Distribution Platforms [Research / Chart]</li>
60 Second Marketer
This is a newer one that I find myself sharing posts from often. Their content is extremely timely and relevant to topics I’m interested in and projects I’m working on.
Some great recent posts from 60 Second Marketer:
- 31 Clever Marketing Tips to Generate More Leads
- Do These 3 Things to Boost E-Commerce Sales Via Pinterest
- The 5 Best Google Marketing Tools You Didn’t Know Existed
Like Heidi, he’s another thought leader in the world of digital marketing. His data is always well put together and he frames many things in a new way I hadn’t thought of before.
Some great recent posts from Jeff’s blog:
- The 15 Most Common WordPress Mistakes to Avoid
- 8 Ways to Motivate Your Followers to Amplify Your Content Marketing
- The Social Media Marketing Secrets of Smart Savvy Bloggers
While this blog has too many posts per day for me to keep up with in my BlogLovin’ reader, I come to this site often to get ideas for my own content. Because there are so many verticals, there is a lot to learn. Since a lot of the content is syndicated, I also find new blogs to read by checking the original link of syndicated posts I like.
Some great recent posts from Business2Community:
- 5 Best Practices for a Visual Content Marketing Strategy
- The Dirty Secret about Social Media and SEO
- The Domino Effect of Stress on Your Body
So there are some of my favorite blogs. What are yours? I’d love to hear about them in the fancy new Google+ comments below!