I found out about the opportunity from the Kansas City Women’s Business Center and thought I’d spread the word!
The Refinery, teaming up with Uber and the Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation, bring you UberPITCH, a unique way for local startups to access the resources they need to grow their companies: all at the touch of an Uber button.
Here’s how it works:
- Submit an application for your company by October 20.
- If selected, you will take a 10-15 minute Uber ride with a top investor on October 26 in one of the participating cities* to pitch your company and receive feedback.
- Investors will select semi-finalists to present at the “Fueling the Growth” pitch event in Stamford, CT on November 16. Finalists will present again that same night.
- The winners will get $120,000 in prize money and invaluable investor mentorship.
To be eligible, companies will:
- Have at least 1 woman in a leadership role.
- Utilize technology in their business (including technology-enabled healthcare and financial services companies).
- Demonstrate proven scalability with market fit.
- Be present in one of the participating cities* on October 26 for the UberPITCH car ride.
- Travel to Stamford, CT for the “Fueling the Growth” event at the Stamford Innovation Center on November 16.
*Participating cities: Baltimore, MD; Kansas City, MO; New Haven, CT; Providence, RI; Stamford, CT; Washington DC.
Additional details in UberPITCH:
- Companies who submitted applications by October 20 and are eligible to participate in UberPITCH will be notified by October 24 and given an Uber promo code.
- Selected entrepreneurs will enter the promo code into the Uber app and request an UberPITCH car with an investor on October 26 between 11am and 2pm (times subject to change).
- Participants will have 7 minutes to pitch their business and receive 7 minutes of feedback from the investor. Entrepreneurs riding this day will be notified by November 2 if they are advancing to the semi-finalist round in Stamford, CT.
- Semi-finalists must attend the final pitch day of “Fueling the Growth” at the Stamford Innovation Center in Stamford, CT on November 16. First, there will be a semi-finalist round to determine the finalists, who will pitch again later that same evening.
- All semi-finalists are invited to be part of a showcase held just before the finalist pitch.
Featured image via Pixabay