Have you ever just wanted a step-by-step guide for how to do life? Like when your parents are mad, how do you get back in their good graces? Or when you’ve messed up at work, how do you show your boss you won’t let it happen again?
Unfortunately for us, there’s not an all-encompassing guide that gives a detailed “how-to” explanation for all that life throws at you. But… we are trying to help fill in the gap with this post.
That’s right! We are arming you with a few sure-fire ways to deal with something tricky. Disappointed a client? Here’s what we would do. Unhappy with the number of clients you have? Do this. Struggling to balance your work with your life? We’ve been there.
How To Do This
Deal with An Upset Client
It’s happened to the best of us. You have a big client that you usually impress but for whatever reason, you drop the ball big time. No matter what the flub was, it caught your client’s attention and now you’re scrambling to appease them. Rather than let your anxieties take control, take a deep breathe and do the following:
- Accept Responsibility – More often than not, people just want a heartfelt apology. Acknowledge your misstep by clearly and concisely admitting to your wrongdoing.
- Provide A Solution – There’s always a solution, you may just not like it. If you’re really looking to impress, present your client with multiple solutions. Explain each one in detail and then give your recommendation and explain why you chose it.
- Incentivize Your Client – If your meal out at a restaurant is below par, a complimentary dessert can make all the difference. Determine what your “dessert” could be and offer that to your client. It shows that you accept responsibility and are looking to atone for your mistake.
Get More Clients
Do you dream of having more clients than you can handle? Same here! We totally understand just how disheartening it can be to see your peers collecting client after client while you’re struggling to keep more than a handful. Instead of becoming green with envy, focus on what’s best for you by prioritizing your pursuit of clients. Consider the following strategies:
- Offer Your Availability – If any of your friends are inundated with client requests, offer up your availability! Not only will it contribute to your cash flow but it will also get you networking. Who knows who you’ll meet and how they can help your business grow.
- Ask For Referrals – Draft an email and send it to some of your happiest clients. Ask them to keep you in mind for future business as well as offer a referral incentive program. It won’t hurt and it will get your name back out there.
- Apply For Proposals – Pitching is no fun but it’s a great way to be considered for various business bids. It keeps your sales pitch fresh and can provide some invaluable feedback from potential clients. Who knows, they may not choose you this time but your name will be on file for the next opportunity!
Balance Your Life
If it’s only Tuesday and you’re ready to pull your hair out, you might be suffering from a lack of work-life balance. This incredibly important balance is much easier said than done. Here are our tips for making it work:
- Don’t Expect Too Much – This sounds bad but we mean it. It’s tough to achieve a true balance in any aspect of life, especially a challenging one. Instead of wanting it all now, begin accepting the fact that your balance may never be a 50-50 split. Instead, it may average out to be that but in a moment’s snapshot, it’s more likely to be 70-30 or 80-20.
- Set Boundaries – Don’t bring your laptop to bed! Keep certain rooms work-free zones to maintain a sense of balance. Where you sleep should not be where you answer emails.
What other advice did we miss? Share them with us! We’d love to learn from other creative marketers!
If you want to stay updated with what we’re up to, you can sign-up for our newsletter here and be the first to know everything!