Internet usage continues to grow and change the way we communicate online. A 2016 study presented by International Telecomms Union shows the percentage of individuals using the internet worldwide. Europe and The Americas continue to lead in internet usage, with developing countries are not far behind.
What do these numbers mean for business owners? Simple. Businesses should leverage on the internet of things. Digital marketing should be mixed with offline marketing. A stellar online presence is no longer an option but a must for businesses to thrive. If this is something that your boss hasn’t realized yet, then, it is high time for you to let her or him know. Here are the top 5 things you could include in your next pitch:
#1: Grease up your company’s blog
It’s time to pump up your content marketing efforts. So, start with creating compelling blog posts. Blog at least once a week.
What are the benefits of blogging for business?
- With an optimized blog content, it helps drive traffic to your company website.
- With the right call to action and message, it can convert website visitors to paying customers.
- You can establish and take control of your identity.
- It gives you an opportunity to build your network as you earn their trust
- It helps establish authority in your niche
If you are looking for blog post ideas, read 7 Failproof Blog Post Types For Your Business
#2: Polish your social media strategy
Look into your social media strategy. Determine where your audience is and which type of posts they can resonate with. Create stunning visuals and content. Then, be consistent.
What are the benefits of a solid social media strategy?
- It allows you to connect with your audience
- It helps you better understand your audience
- It gives you an opportunity to monitor your competitors
- It gives you the platform to explain your mistakes
- It helps you create awareness for your brand
To learn more about the benefits of social media for your business, read 10 Quick Tips About Why Social Media Marketing Works.
#3. Leverage on paid digital advertising
Because of the current social media algorithms, it’s wise to allot some of your marketing budget to digital advertising (we do this with all of our MoxieDot social media marketing clients). Pay-per-click advertising can be quite tricky so you might want to hire an expert to do this. This way you could spend your advertising budget wisely.
What are the benefits of a paid digital advertising?
- It can speed up your online visibility
- It helps create a highly targeted traffic to your website
- It helps create consistent traffic to your website
- It can maximize the return of investment in your marketing efforts
- It is relatively cheaper than other forms of advertising
For more information about digital advertising, read A Guide to Online Ad Types and Formats by Wordstream.
#4. Have a mobile-friendly website
Most internet users browse using their mobile device. This is why you need to make sure that your website is optimized for mobile device users. This is especially important with Google’s “mobile-first index” they are moving to and their newly released mobile interstitial penalty that happened in January 2017.
What are the benefits of having a mobile-friendly website?
- It will give an overall improved user experience
- It can increase visitor time on your site
- It will improve your website speed
- It will improve your mobile SEO
- It will give you an edge over your competition
Before redesigning your website, read this Search Engine Journal article – How to Make Your Site Mobile-First in 2017.
#5. Set up digital marketing analytics
It will be hard to measure the success of your digital marketing efforts without analytics in place. So, just like in offline/traditional marketing, you should set up digital marketing analytics.
What are the benefits of having analytics in place?
- It will help you understand customer behavior
- You will determine your audience demographics
- You can segment your audience for your next advertising campaign
- You’ll know which content is most shared, clicked and opened
- It will give you information about sites that refer traffic to your site
One of the most-used analytics you’ll use is Google Analytics. Read this useful guide – The Absolute Beginner’s Guide to Google Analytics by Moz
What other things about digital marketing do you think you should include in your next pitch to your boss? Let us know on Twitter!
*Featured image made from Pexels.com